Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My 08 Monaco Diplomat, 400HP Cummings has a warning light

Customer Question

My 08 Monaco Diplomat, 400HP Cummings has a warning light that comes on periodically. All gauges are normal and the battery is charging at 14. I replaced the radiator cap but the light still comes on. Thanks Nick
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

This is a very difficult question, the warning light can come on for many, many different reasons. I would verify all your fluid levels, if the coolant or oil level got low then it might trigger an alarm. Sometimes a plugged fuel filter will also cause the light to come on especially if the condition starts to happen more often. What you will have to do is get codes pulled, anytime the CEL goes off it will store a code, with the proper Cummins software a shop can hook up to the engine data port and see what codes are being stored. In the long run this saves time and money and will take most of the guess work out. The Cummins software also has the ability to walk the tech through possible solutions. Hope this helps some.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we drive to Cummings we are about 500 miles away?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

IF all your parameters look normal and all your fluid levels AND the light is only coming on periodically then I would drive it to Cummins. IF the fault gets more serious the light will come on and then after that may flash and de-rate the engine so you would have a little warning... Hope this helps. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert