Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a dometic 3 way fridge,it woks fine on gas but dos'nt

Customer Question

I have a dometic 3 way fridge,it woks fine on gas but dos'nt work on ac power.could you advise on probable cause and sujest a fix
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Do you happen to have the model of the Dometic,? if not I can still tell you some things to look at, having the model number makes it a bit easier...

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry rob am not with my caravan at the moment
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Need to verify you have power at the outlet for the fridge, if you have power then look under the outside access panel for a circuit board, on the board will be a fuse for the AC side. If that fuse is blown then the fridge will not work on AC power. The other issue could be the AC heating element for the fridge, the AC element will run from the flue canister to the circuit board. IF you have a volt meter you can ohm it out but I would need the model of the fridge. Make sure when you are checking the fridge you isolate the AC power, unplug it or shut the breaker off. IF you still need more help please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can.... Robert