Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Where do you plug in the code reader on a gm 2 003 Workhorse

Customer Question

Where do you plug in the code reader on a gm 2
003 Workhorse with vortac engine
The engine losing power check engine light came on the coach has very little power
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

As a general rule they like to stick that connector in front of the steering column on the fire wall, some might have a carpeted panel and it is behind that panel, it also might be bundled up with other wires in that area, that is normally where it is located on the Workhorse chassis.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tanks, I'm having brake light issues and cruise control issues. The engine corrected when I restarted after 20 mins. Fuses and bulbs are good

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I do not have much info on that circuit, I do know on some set ups if you have a brake light out then it could possibly cause the cruise to shut off, to me this sounds like you could have a loose connection at some point if the problem is intermittent. I am not so sure you are going to see a code unless the engine light is coming on. I would also inspect all your battery cables and make sure they are clean and tight. Always want to rule out a the battery or low voltage condition. I might have a shop take a look at this one... IF you would like to try another expert please let me know... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You've been great!

I've been out camping. we just got back. I will have more info tomorrow.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, thanks for the update...

Robert