Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

When I turn my refg. on, I put it on 5. I leave it on 5 and

Customer Question

When I turn my refg. on, I put it on 5. I leave it on 5 and about 4 days, the fins in refg. frost up. The freezer also frosts up. What can I do to thaw the frost?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

A few questions for you.... First off is the fridge cooling OK on both LP and AC? On your fridge you should have a climate control switch and low ambient control, are they ON or OFF? IF you do not know I can send you some info. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

You need to check the switches as it could be a reason it is frosting up on you. Click HERE and you will see them. The other issue is the door seals, if the seals where bad then it would allow warm air inside and you will get frost. Get a dollar bill and stick it between the seals, it should not fall in any spots and should have some resistance when you pull on the bill. As far as defrosting, turn the fridge off and let it defrost, you can use a hair dryer as well on warm to help speed up the process. IF you have anymore questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. If you are satisfied with my efforts please select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert