Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2006 Numar Cypress. I had my AC replaced with one

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Numar Cypress. I had my AC replaced with one of your systems (Serial Number 41424980 and MFG# *****) The tech at my local RV dealer told me the intake and output are 90 degrees off from my RV vent system. They rigged it to work but I am not getting much air flow and it does not cool the RV in tempatures of 90 degrees. They rigged the vent it to fit my vent system, should they have ordered a different system.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

What was the old A/C make and model? Not sure I fully understand the "90 degrees off from my RV vent system" here. Please explain that more fully.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From the paperwork I have on the RV the original AC was a Dometic MFG# ***** and Serial # ***** as far as the 90 degrees off here is what I mean. If you drew a line down the center of the RV from front to back (the main axis) the air intake and output is either parallel or perpendicular to that line (I'm not sure which it is because I did not see it when the local dealer had the AC Unit removed. According to him the current unit they purchased to replace the old unit was 90degrees off from the RVs vent system, meaning that if the intake and output vents on the trailer run parallel to the main axis then the intake and output vents on the AC Unit they purchase are perpendicular to the main axis or visa versa. When I received the RV back from the their was little to no air flow they took the unit off and did something but the air flow is still very low and not adequate to cool the RV when the temp is above 90 degrees. My question is "Is there an adaptor sold by Dometic that will fis the problem or should they have ordered a different AC unit?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I have never heard of such a thing.............these are either a direct ceiling discharge or a vented unit. It sounds like they ordered the wrong unit for you. That number they sold you won't line up with the old ductwork. There are still a few of the older style 59516.531 units left. That is what you need to keep this lined up properly. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.