peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I need to move my residential refrigerator out of its place

Customer Question

I need to move my residential refrigerator out of its place in my RV (Itasca Ellipse 2012) as its not working correctly. It sat at Camping World for 2 months and they said it was working; its NOT. I've got a Whirlpool person coming to my home tomorrow but I have to be able to move the refrigerator out of its "cubby hole"...will it be bolted down?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The fridge itself should be bolted down to keep it from moving around especially when it is being towed/driven.Usually the back paneling is removed to gain access to some of the bolts as well as some interior trim paneling.You would also need to disconnect any electrical and gas lines from it which needs done by a certified LPG technician then it can be moved out of the location it is installed in.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you kindly for your response. I guess this really needs a manufacturer response as this is a residential refrigerator encased in molding. I thank you for trying though!

Your welcome.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete