Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 1993 Holiday Rambler Navigator, on A Spartan

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Holiday Rambler Navigator , on A Spartan Mountain Master chassis, with air brakes... drums front and rear.
I put it in the shop to have a brake job done, and just picked it up. On the way home I could smell something burning. When I stopped and investigated, the burning was coming from the front hub area and the aluminum wheels were to hot to touch.
Upon getting the coach home, I jacked up the front and tried spinning the front tires. They would turn, but they were very difficult to turn. In fact, my wife couldn't spin them at all. I could tell the shoes were dragging on the surface of the drum.
Is this normal when new brakes and drums are installed?
The rear brakes were also replaced and I don't seem to have the same problem with them.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

No.............something is definitely wrong! They should spin freely and they wouldn't be warm unless you had been braking hard. I would call them and let them know. Don't drive it that way! Hopefully, they can come over and do some adjustment on these so you can get it back to the shop. Hope that helps some........please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just wondering if they were able to come out and get your brakes backed off so you can move this?