Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2008 American Tradiition 425 up cummins.check engine light

Customer Question

2008 American Tradiition 425 up cummins.check engine light came on. And then stop engine.Not hot,radiTor full just fully serviced about 1500 miles
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Really hard to say what is causing the check and stop engine light to come on. I would have a mobile service or shop hook up to your engine data port and see what codes are being stored, the software will also walk the tech through possible solutions depending on the code. In the long run it saves time and money and takes most of the guess work out to what the problem could be. On your end it was good to check all your fluid levels, I might also try new fuel filters as well, I understand that the engine was serviced recently but a plugged fuel filter could cause problems. I might also disconnect the battery cables for a few mins. and see if the fault goes away. Beyond that I would get the codes pulled. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert