Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2006 Fleetwood discovery. I parked it in the

Customer Question

hi Robert im Rian, I have a 2006 Fleetwood discovery. I parked it in the driveway a week ago leveled it put the slides out... now the slides wont retrack front or back and the jacks wont go down. even if I switch it into gear. is there a neutral safety switch on here somewhere?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sorry for the delay, the jacks and slide-room are powered through the chassis side, go to the outside fuse panel and check all your fuses and look for any tripped breakers. Go to the chassis battery and follow the cables and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped. IF the system did not recognize the parking brake was set then the rooms or jacks may not work, try to cycle the parking brake, normally on the leveling pads there will be a light that says not in park and that would be a clue. I do not know where they would stick that safety for the parking brake, I might get a hold of Fleetwood with your fin and see if they can send you a print, it might make things easier. IF you can tell me the manufacturer of the jacks I can see how they are wired up but location would still be an issue as far as where it is wired in....... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Robert, thanks for the reply! The slides are power gear rack and pinion, and the jacks are power gear hydros. There os no power to the jack leveling control panel ( no leds at all) and no power to the slide switch. Ive started the rig, put my foof on the brake and put it in gear... Nothing, normally it woud flash and auto retract. I jumped 12v to the slide switch and can work the slides in and out that way. Ive checked all fuses i can find and the 3 circuit breakes (they wernt tripped) my next step is to check relays... There must me a breaker or fuse that both systems power throug that im not finding.Rian
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I agree, if it was a safety issue then the leveling pad would still light up. Sometimes they wire these directly to the battery so follow the cables and make sure no breaker is tripped. I do not have a print for this year. I would contact Fleetwood with your FIN on Monday and they should be able to send you a print, I am glad to hear that you got the rooms to work by jumping the switch. I did take a look at the only print I have that is for an 04 discovery and they had a cabinet between the driver and passenger on the floor of the dash, when that is removed there are some fuses and the slideroom controller. I do not know if it applies for this year but something to look for. if you want to take a look at that print please let me know, it is for the Frieghtliner chassis. I think this issue is not a safety but you are missing the voltage.

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, I ONLY get credit when you select a rating... Robert