Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am having trouble with my Freedom 458 inverter. It will

Customer Question

Hi Robert I am having trouble with my Freedom 458 inverter. It will not invert. My remote panel has all of the lights lit up.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

It sounds like the inverter has failed if it will not invert power. I have seen where if you smack the cover on the inverter they will start working again but that does not always work, I have done that in the field a few times. IF you have good DC voltage then it should be wanting to invert. Normally on these inverters when they fail you have to send them into xantrex for repair or replace the inverter. I have been in the RV field for 18 years and no shop I have ever worked at attempted to fix these inverters. I might get a hold of xantrex before replacing just to confirm the inverter is bad. Hope this helps.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Just wanted to be clear on one thing, IF you had low DC voltage then the inverter would shut down for protection. Want to make sure the battery voltage is above 11.5 volts.

This would apply if you are unplugged from power and and trying to invert. IF you have no AC power when you are plugged in please let me know...

Robert