Blake Pankratz
Blake Pankratz,
Experience:  Parts Department Manager at Steinbach Holiday RV
72417155

My outside kitchen door shock pulled off taking a large

Customer Question

My outside kitchen door shock pulled off taking a large chunk of the door with it. I am ordering a door and am planning on installing myself, any tips on install? A dealer is to far for me. How do you install one?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure that this can't be repaired without replacing the whole door? Can you attach a photo to your post of the damaged area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to replace the door myself, I do not want to fix it, I could just repair it but I don't want to. Can you tell me how to install new door that I have ordered
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Having never had to do this one........no. I will open this up for another tech to offer something. I would suggest a photo so anyone knows for sure which one and what style you are discussing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dealer was sent pictures, the door is ordered, can you tell me how to install?
Expert:  Blake Pankratz replied 1 year ago.

The doors are really simple to install. There are screws all the way around the door frame that hold the door, and frame in the wall. These screws are accessable from the inside of the door. The door should then be SLOWLY pried out, it will be stuck in there pretty good with a product called butal tape, which is a gummy substance. Work slowly, prying all the way around the door. Once the door and frame are out you can clean up the remaining butal tape. For installation you need to first put new butal tape around your new door frame, you can then place the door in the opening in the wall. You can then proceed to screw the door into the wall, and snap in either new screw cover or your old screw cover if new was not provided. Don't forget to use an exterior rated silicone of your color choice to go around the entire door frame. Enjoy your new door!!