Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Atwood Rv water heater runs fine until i shut the cover.

Customer Question

Atwood Rv water heater runs fine until i shut the cover. Then makes kind of a roaring sound and the flame slowly goes out. If I leave the cover open it runs fine
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

What is the model of the Atwood?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gch10a-3e
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

• Air flow and LP pressure is crucial for these to work. One thing I have seen is if you had blockage inside the water heater it could cause this condition. Get an air nozzle and blow out eh intake and exhaust really good, make sure you have safety glasses on as sometimes you can get allot of soot or debris coming out, if it was partially restricted it would be an issue. Most of these also have an air shutter, you move that back and forth to increase and decrease the amount of air flow. Click HERE and see page 21, you can try moving that both ways and see if it helps. Make sure the burner tube is also clean and clear.

I might also have the LP pressure checked out, it should be done yearly and a shop with a manometer can check it out, it is a 15 min test. IF the problem is still not resolved I would verify your incoming DC voltage and make sure it is not low, it should be over 12 volts....

IF you have anymore questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can.... Robert