Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My rv genset will click but will not turn over

Customer Question

my rv genset will click but will not turn over
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That can be that the battery is hasn't got any real power due to a failed cell. Load testing is the only way to know for sure. That is most likely the problem, but if that checks out, then it is most likely the starter solenoid that isn't passing the current across. That can be tested with a 12 VDC
test light. IF you hear a distinctive "click" at the solenoid once you know the battery is good, then that is the next logical step. Be sure that the ground lead off the genset is clean where it attaches to the frame. That would cause this as well. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back t me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
behind
the battery tray on the side of. The motor home or a seafood on one.side it goes to the positive side of the battery but the other side goes to the battery I thought the other side I thought it was hot in hot outis this correct because the other side goes to the negative side of the batteryits just like a Ford solenoidcan you please let me know if this is correct or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one on the solenoid behind the battery tray on the side of the motso on the side of the motorhome is a battery tray behind the battery tray is a solenoid it looks like a Ford solenoid but one side goes the positive of the battery the other side goes to the negative side of the batteryif this is correctplease let me know if not then where does the other side go to