Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

How to replace an out inverter with a new 2800 watt inverter

Customer Question

How to replace an burnt out inverter with a new 2800 watt inverter charger
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

What is the Year, Make and Model of the RV? What is the make and model of the OLD inverter AND NEW inverter? The more info you can provide the better we can assist you.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The RV is a 2000 Fleetwood American Tradition. The old inverter is a Heart Interface 20. The replacement is a Magnum MS 2812 Series Pure sine wave Inverter charger. There are 2 sets of 10 gauge wires coming from the inverter to the AC panel. There is also 2 sets of 16 gauge from the inverter to the ??? They are marked Lockout inside the inverter. These are the wires I am not sure where they go or do I need to add a transfer switch and hook them up there??? Vic Parsons.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Let me take a look at the wiring for the inverter and I will get back to you, I have never heard of the "lockout" and want to see what that is....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK..

Click HERE and see page 15, they give a detailed diagram on the wiring and there are more prints on the following pages as well, not sure you have this or not.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Robert but you are not even close. The attachment you sent I have it came with the new inverter. Let me try to enlighten you. The existing source manager does a few things like a transfer switch, surge protecter and a inverter / charger all in the same box. What I have to do is install a new transfer switch, 4 circuit sub panel, as well as reroute some of the wiring. Thanks for trying but you better do some more homework to answer these kind of questions. Please DO NOT renew my membership.
Thank you Vic Parsons (*****@******.*** )
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Understand, I will put your question back up for other experts, maybe another expert can assist you on this.... I do not handle the memberships, click HERE for contact info on that... Robert