Wayne, RV Mechanic
Experience:  Work on several type of Rv engine, Trans, brakes
6825259

I have a Chevy 4500 in my rv. I have two 12v amp cigarette

Customer Question

I have a Chevy 4500 in my rv. I have two 12v amp cigarette lighters. One stopped working. I found the fuse box under drivers seat. What fuse should I check?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the delay I see not other experts have responded. In a case like this what I would do is get a 12 volt test light, turn the ignition ON and probe each fuse for power, it is a quick and easy way to see which fuses have power. You can ground the clip on the test light to the steering column. Run into this a bit where the fuses are not marked and a test light will show which fuse does not have power.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already done all those things and am still unable to find the issue. Hence why I asked if someone could direct me to the fuse number or the name of it as per the box number. Aka an expert in Chevy 4500 who was familiar with this specific fuse box
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Please keep in mind I have no idea what you have tried. I will put your question back up for other experts, maybe another expert will have a print for you. I do not know when another expert will respond, they come and go daily... Robert

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

both are on the same fuse,it is a 20 amp Yellow fuse

so if 1 is working and other not, not fuse

with your test light, probe the middle terminal in the housing,

most times this is the cause either burned out, or wire came off the back of it

Hi, If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

Do not use the Poor/Bad rating,

Click on the more info request

Thank You