Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Onan model 4KYFA26100K, starter switch has no

Customer Question

I have a Onan model 4KYFA26100K , starter switch has no action no light just dead both on generator and remote start.
If I take a 12v jumper box and put it on the opposite side of the live 12v feed on the 12v starter relay, then the starter switch red light on the generator starts to work and the remote starter switch in the coach also starts to work.
At this time the generator starts to run and stays running and works runs AC and all electrical great as long as I leave the 12v jumper hooked up when I take it off everything stops and goes back to the same problem. So I have replaced the black cube looking relay and also the starter relay and nothing changes still the same problem. PS not sure if all wires are where they belong I just bought the RV so maybe some one might have tried to work on it before me
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

So there is no 12 VDC power coming into the set? Where are you getting the power from when you jump it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I didn't reply but for somebody with 25 years experience and doesn't know what a 12 volt jumper box is ?
So because of that I decided not to respond and I chose to take other means to get my generator fixed.By the way a 12 volt jumper box is one you can buy at Sam's or most auto parts stores, its a battery in a box With a black jumper cable and a red jumper cable attached to the box you plug in the battery to 110 volt source and it charges the battery and then you have a 12 Volt portable battery box which was my source source. That's what I used. So please take me off your list
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

We don't call them that and never assume anything............and verify everything. Please learn the correct descriptions when you use formats like this and it will save time. Glad you got it worked out..............