Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

99 nuwa tchhiker....kitchen faucet barley flows. All other

Customer Question

99 nuwa hitchhiker....kitchen faucet barley flows. All other faucets (bathroom,shower,bath sink) flows well. What's the problem?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Probably, the screen on the end of the faucet is plugged up with calcium debris or sand particles. Unscrew it off there and clean it out. IF you have compressed air that would help. MOST come apart, so be careful to get it back together the same way. Make a diagram or take a photo of the parts. We see this question quite a lot here. IF it resists coming off OR if you have a hand wand, you may need to use a pin to open them back up and blow it out from the discharge side. That would take some compressed air. Try that and then get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already checked that. Also looked for any valves that may be partially closed . Don't know where they would be besides under the kitchen sink and in the cubby.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

It may be some debris IN the valve.........is this a single lever faucet? Those are more prone to to this problem. Very small orofices in those.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

OR the vavle body gaskets are coming apart and jammin up in there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two knob faucet. I'll check valves and see if I find an issue.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Some of those have intake screens in them. IF you take the valves out and still have no flow or poor flow, check that. You would need to remove the fixture. IF you do that, you might want to consider upgrading to a single valve unit.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to track down the blockage on this? Let me know if you need help upgrading to a newer style.............