Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

We have a Thor Siesta 24and have been on a trip days. Tonite

Customer Question

Robert, hi we have a Thor Siesta 24and have been on a trip for nine days. Tonite when we plugged in at the campsite the converter fan came on we have a rotten egg smell very strong. If I turn off the converter the fan stops and the smells subsides. Can I leave the converter off when we are still plugged into power??
Dick
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi, you can unplug the converter, however you will loose your battery charging to the house batteries. If you have a battery charger I would put it on the house batteries, and leave it on a low amperage, as the batteries without a charging source will eventually die due to usage of 12volt lights, and appliances. Please get back to me for clarification if necessary, thanks

something else that comes to mind, check the water level in the house batteries, a boiling or bad battery smells like rotten eggs when charging, so be sure and check this prior to attaching an external battery charger....