Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Valve settings an Aspect 2008WF726A

Customer Question

Valve settings for winterizing an Aspect 2008WF726A
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Normally on the back of the water heater you will have three valves, a hot, cold and bypass. The hot and cold should be shut or valve handle running against the pipe and the bypass should be open or valve handle running with the pipe. I just looked in your manual and it looks like you have a single valve and in bypass mode the valve handle will be point toward the single line. Click HERE and see section 7, looks like the bypass is under the galley sink. IF you need more help please let me know.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never had trouble winterizing before. The bypass valve is in the proper position and the other two valves handles are parallel. There is nothing under the sink. I have the same book you are quoting.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Have you checked to see if the antifreeze was filling the water heater? Also so I understand when you turn the pump on to draw the antifreeze it just starts coming out the drains?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called a dealer for Winnebago. A service rep told me a one way automatic valve from the hot water tank was stuck. I took the hose from the valve and freed up the valve and all works well now. The RV is winterized. Your information for me was not helpful. Perhaps when a similar problem comes up in your field, now you will know how to give an adequate solution. My dollars for your information were ill spent. C.W. Fedde Oakland, Maryland
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

I appreciate the feedback and maybe you did not know but you were able to follow up with as many questions as needed. I know online in this format can be difficult but if you responded back I may have been able to catch that, in any event I am glad the issue is resolved. My goal is for you to be satisfied and I can request a refund for you if you like, I only get credit when you select a positive rating which you have not done yet. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not get any useful information from my inquiry.