Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2002 allegro bus class a motor coach. I am having

Customer Question

I have a 2002 allegro bus class a motor coach. I am having problems with the electrical system. I have no power to the power outlets located at the bed (both sides), at the foot of the bed and all the outlets on the interior right side of the coach. I have checked all CB that I can locate and all appear to be serviceable. I have two green light on the face of the inverter. Does this coach have G. E. breaker box installed, if so were is it at?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

I would start by looking for a tripped GFI, these will be outlets with a test and reset on them, normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside, I have seen them hidden pretty good over the years.... So do one more check inside and outside. Make sure you do not have a breaker tripped on the invreter, most inverters will have two breakers on them, they can look like a small switch or have round buttons, on some inverters they are on the side.

The power should come from the main breaker panel inside, if you have not done so shut all the breakers OFF and then back ON sometimes a breaker can trip and not look like it.

Next I would get a polarity checker, most places like Home Depot carry them for a few dollars. This will plug into the outlets and tell you if there is a wiring issue going on.

You can also check the connections on the outlets, starting with the closest non working outlet to the breaker panel and work away from the panel. Normally all the outlets are tied together so if one fails the others will.... IF you are missing ALL the AC power please let me know OR if you get power back when using the generator, hope this helps some.... Robert