Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I gave a RV2012 inverter/charger with a rc7 remote. When the

Customer Question

I gave a RV2012 inverter/charger with a rc7 remote. When the coach is not attached to At one time I unplugged the remote for an hour or so and it started working, but not for long. Does this make sense and could I just replace the remote to fix the problem.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Do you know that the batteries are fully charged? Low DC input voltage can do this. That can be checked AT the remote terminals and see. It can be the remote, but don't just buy one without some testing first. Be sure the terminals are clean and you might try some electrical "grease" in the plug to be sure that the power is getting across. A small digital multimeter is needed for testing. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.