Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Do you know why my throttle is so hard to operate on a 6V92?

Customer Question

Do you know why my throttle is so hard to operate on a 6V92? I have a 1982 MCI motorcoach. When I disconnect the long linkage from the pedal, the linkage is fine. No binding. Seems to be in the throttle itself. Takes MUCH force to push the gas pedal down.
Category: RV
Expert:  Toby replied 1 year ago.

Go to back of bus and sitting on top of engine is the linkage spring - this is a two man job

Have someone rev up engine so you can see where the spring is located. It goes to a lever that has a spring on it

Change spring

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you talking about the return spring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We completely removed it momentarily and the resistance was the same. Something seems to be wrong somewhere inside the throttle.
Expert:  Toby replied 1 year ago.

Ok then it could be the throttle cable it self that goes from peddle to back of bus or the pedal push rod - but lets check a couple of other items first.

Lower front bumper, remove spare tire - now try it - any different - if no then

Crawl into front where spare tire was located you have some adjustments and grease fittings for the pedal try that - let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I mentioned previously, we disconnected the cable linkage back at the throttle itself. The panel and cable linkage are fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pedal
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

IF you know for sure that the problem is NOT in the pedal AND the cable moves freely in the housing when disconnected at both ends, then either the sping is too heavy for this application OR the problem is on the fuel linkage at the engine. NO other possibilities here. Use the process of elimination. Hope that provides some help here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps this would be something to consider and help eliminate this issue..............see the attached link. http://www.coachconversioncentral.com/airthrottle.htm