Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2005 gulfstream atrium with a 330 cat diesel. Air

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2005 gulfstream atrium with a 330 cat diesel. Air brakes and a push button automatic transition. There seems to be full power when attempting to start with the ignition key. All the gushed come up when you turn the key to the accessories position, but will not do anything when turning key to start engine. We had a diesel mechanic come to see if he could start engine. He checked batteries, and he thought the air tank had emptied from possibly setting air brake when transmission was still in drive. He aired up the tank and could not start. He thinks that there might be a code to reset the computer or electronics. Would disconnecting the engine batteries reset the system?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

SO you are saying that there is not air pressure and you have dash power, but the engine will not crank over at all? Is the transmission in Drive or Neutral? Disconnecting the batteries would be something to try, sometimes that will reset the computers for the engine and trans. Does the engine service light come on for 5 seconds and then go out when the key is turned on? No light usually means no power to ecm. The starting circuit is seperate from ecm. If light comes on and goes off then listen to engine and you should be able to hear the injector solenoids clicking. If they are clicking then it is a fuel problem. If they are not clicking then it is the ecm preventing start. Check coolant level and oil level as these can both prevent it from starting. Robert