Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an Onan MicroQuiet 4000 in my 2006 Holiday Rambler.

Customer Question

I have an Onan MicroQuiet 4000 in my 2006 Holiday Rambler. Model4KYFA26100K. It starts right up but starts to sound like it's running out of gas and stops within about 5 minutes (not under load). No flashing code.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sorry for the delay...

This could be a number of things, to start make sure the fuel tank has more then 1/4 tank of fuel. Next I might try a new fuel filter if you have not done so. Get a can of fuel and drop the supply into the can of fuel and see if the generator stays running, if so then it is an issue with the line from the tank to gen. sometimes they can weather and crack, once they do this then you can start to suck air into the lines and cause the generator to shut down. Beyond that could be a fuel pump issue but I might have an onan shop check it out before replacing.... Hope this helps some.... Robert