Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

I have a norcold 611t that was displaying the 5 flashes on

Customer Question

I have a norcold 611t that was displaying the 5 flashes on the green light. I performed the 628661 card reset and heard the click and the LP lit. The flashes are gone, but neither the fridge nor freeze seem to be cooling on AC or LP.
The RV is level and vent is clear. there is no yellow dust or residue...
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi how long have you had it running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Several hours, it just started flashing x5 again

Hi, unfortunately, the cooling unit has a blockage in it. did the freezer begin to cool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I can tell

the cooling unit is overheating and that is why it is triggering the no cooling fault.....you can try to clear the blockage (rarely works) replace the cooling unit, or consider a new refrigerator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you clear the blockage?

there is a procedure called tumbling, you must pull the refer out of the cabinet, lay it on its side and beat on the cooling unit, turn to top do the same, other side same, rotate a couple of times, and place it back in the cabinet, and see if it works

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else it could be? Bad power card, converter, etc...?

Sorry, the controls are detecting the lack of cooling, so they are working properly, the control board reset,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the cooling unit is not functioning properly.................sorry for the bad news

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Argg...:( are these pretty standard units? I.e. Are the 6.3cf models all the same dimensions so they fit?

I will give you a link to a conversion chart so you can see what models will replace yours http://www.thetford.com/customer-support/product-conversion-charts/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that does not seem to have my model on it

thats interesting, I checked another source and on another document its not listed, are you sure of the model number? If you you will need to push the refer out of the cabinet a bit and measure, then take those measurements and locate the correct unit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a norcold n611rt

thanks, ***** ***** to physically measure the refer, push it slightly out of the cabinet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will do that tomorrow

time to get some rest, talk to you tomorrow if you like...........Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael

your welcome, sorry for your troubles.........

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last question, to remove the fridge what is the basic gist?

shut off lp, disconnect line at back of refer, unplug the 12volt wires at the control board, unplug................look down left and right there should be a couple of screws at the back into the floor...............go to the front look along the edges for snap plugs that are hiding the screws remove them, then the screws, cut any sealant along the bottom,,,,,,,,,,sometimes done, others not. then push it forward, also look at top and bottom for screws into the cabinet, there not always the same