peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My propane generator will not start. Battery is charged and

Customer Question

My propane generator will not start. Battery is charged and turns the generator over. The propane tank is full .I bled the line and smell propane to the generator. I tested the electric propane valve and hear it click its getting 12volts when tested with
a volt meter. But the generator acts as if it is not getting any propane to run. The generator is a cummins onan model 3.6 KY-FA/26120 basically the 3600watt generator. Any ideas where to start. I'm not getting any fault codes either.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If there is a mixer or injector of some sort that pushes the propane into the engine this may have failed causing this fault here.This needs to be checked/tested by an LPG certified technican to avoid any injury or damage.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.