Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

1994 pacearrow diesel - when I hooked the wire to thebreak

Customer Question

1994 pacearrow diesel - when I hooked the wire to thebreak light switch and after everyting else was all wired when I pushed the slide on the break controller, the electric motor the runs the breaks was turning on. And then tried the break controller and the engine died and will not turn over. What would make it not turn over and my gauges not work?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You blew a fuse on whatever circuit you hooked that up to. The brake controller needs a 20 amp fuse and separate circuit from a good 12 VDC source. Take a 12 VDC test light and check the fuses in the load center. One of those should be bad. Check any shortstop breakers to see if you might have tripped one. I would call Fleetwood Customer Service tomorrow and ask them for a complete set of wiring diagrams for your coach as that will make this a lot easier. See the link below for that information. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/partsandservice/