Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Dometic RM 3662/3663/3862/6863. I do not have it

Customer Question

I have a Dometic RM 3662/3663/3862/6863. I do not have it hooked to shore power. The gas seems to ignite - the gas like is on and the "Check" light does not come on. However, it is not cooling at all. Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are the cooling coils hot on the rear of the fridge? Any sounds you can hear? Any smell of ammonia? Any yellowish debris around the burner area? Get back to me with this and I can assist you further. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I see you sent in another posting..............can we stick to this one? Makes it easier to follow along.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

And here is a link to the Dometic Service Manual that covers this model. Print it out or Bookmark it so you can come back to it again any time. Great information! http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/servtips.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

IF the gas lights, but won't stay on then you need to test the thermocouple OR have the LP pressure at the tank regulator checked and possibly adjusted. It may be too low. The testing for the thermocouple is in the manual. You need a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores for about $20 or so. And a Bunsen torch would be helpful or flame stick.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You need to see at least 18 millivolts at the lead from the thermocouple.............but, over 25 is best. See page 21 of the manual. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.