Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

I have an Atwood hydro flame 8900-III series furnace in my

Customer Question

I have an Atwood hydro flame 8900-III series furnace in my 2014 Hampton trailer. Last night the furnace stopped working. It will cycle with the blower running but it doesn't sound like there is any ignition and the blower shuts off. Propane is not the issue. We live in our trailer in the summer so it gets used quite a bit.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi do you have a test light or voltmeter to do some testing? thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.

thanks, there is something you can do without testing, does your furnace have an exterior door or cover to remove for access to the components? some do some do not

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can access the furnace from the non-exhaust side but don't see much except for some wiring and the propane line.

you really need to test to see if there is power getting to the control board thru the ignition circuit, the only thing you can do without testing is unplug the connector on the control board, clean the pins on it, and replug. I am giving you the service manual for your records

another clue we can have is look at the control board when the furnace has failed, and there is a red led light on it, it will flash a fault code, count the flashes, and pauses, then let me know what it tells us..thanks