Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Just had a 30 amp 120 volt receptacle wired into the house

Customer Question

Just had a 30 amp 120 volt receptacle wired into the house so we could plug in our 2015 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36 DBT to use the refer, a couple lights, etc.. Plugged in, NOTHING, we did not get a control panel manual and I am really confused as to why the panel does not show what voltage/amperage, as a matter of fact it is not even lit up. Next to the digital screen which is not working, we have a small blinking green light for a/c in, and the fault light blinks 5 times and goes off for about 5 seconds and then again it blinks 5 times and so on.
Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did you check the AC voltage AT the plugin? I would start there and check the polarity as well. Use a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores. About $20 or so. And please include the make and model of your panel here that you are referring to so I can grab a manual for that. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to check this out with a meter? And if you need more on this, will you please include what version of the load shed device you have. Most are made by Intelitec and that way I can give you the error code designation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I requested some help after stating we put in a 30 amp. line and said what kind of vehicle it was and what the blinking lights were doing, your response was to check the voltage. On my part, the electricity was installed by a professional and all that we needed was some info about a Holiday Rambler control board from you. All we got from you was to check the voltage. Since then we have had a TV mech. Come by and reset the board and everything is fine. Personally your answer to our problem left a lot to be desired and hopefully you don't charge my card with any other costs!!!!
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Part of the problem is that some customers don't understand how our system works. It is a "give and take" exchange.....we start with some simple things and work towards the more complex until we get to a solution. When the customer doesn't respond to our initial suggestion, we don't know if that is because they are too busy or just don't have the multimeter. ALMOST never, is the answer given in one exchange due to the fact we don't usually get enough information on the question. Sorry for the misunderstanding on this. You don't get charged unless you give a positive rating.....and I understand on this you won't. No hard feelings. I hope that better explains how our system works. I have assisted thousands of satisfied customers in my 6 years on this site. Be safe!