Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Just got 1989 Georgie Boy Motorhome with Ford 460 engine

Customer Question

Just got 1989 Georgie Boy Motorhome with Ford 460 engine wants to start it stalls after a few seconds....It also has been in storage for 2-3 years...Fuel / Fuel filter?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

IF it sat for that long I would drain all the fuel out and change the fuel filter, when the fuel sits that long it can cause all kinds of issues. The fuel can start to condensate and then turn to a slime. I would start with fresh fuel and a new fuel filter and go from there. On some tanks you will find a plug others do not have one and the fuel will have to be siphoned out, most auto parts stores will have the siphon pumps..... Hope this helps.... Robert