Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2006 heartland big country 32 ft. 5th wheel with 3

Customer Question

I have a 2006 heartland big country 32 ft. 5th wheel with 3 slide outs. the first slide out comes out normal, the second slide out comes about 2/3 of the way out and stops. Then I have to push the second and third slide out with the pump running. All three slide outs close normal, with no problem. Do you have any ideas on what causes this problem.***@******.***
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If this has multiple slides then you need at least two series 27 batteries or better yet two golf cart 6 VDC batteries hooked up in series to provide the power needed to keep the pump pressure up. Keep the shore cord plugged in or the tow vehicle running when you run the slides. It sounds like the voltage is dropping due to having just one battery and the pump isn't putting out enough pressure to move the slides out with the resistance they have. Wiper seal lubricant would help as well. Please get back to me if you need more on this or hooking up the batteries. Perhaps a phone chat would help as well.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to correct this with multiple batteries? Trojan is one of the best, ***** ***** Interstates are about next best.