Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My furnace will not work without thr eterior door open. it

Customer Question

my furnace will not work without thr eterior door open. it is flashing a red codeevery three seconds.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That can be due to several things. One is LP pressure that is too low. That needs to be checked and adjusted at least once a year. Bugs inside the combustion area can be another. IF you have an insect screen, that would rule that out. Low voltage can affect this. If your batteries are low and not on shore power it can affect the air speed on the fan. And lastly, it may be the motor brushes are worn out and you may need a new motor. I would do the battery testing and LP first and see if this corrects itself. Then get back to me if we need to pursue this further. All follow ups are included in our fee. I will make the phone chat offer to you if you think that might be helpful here.