Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My Norcold N811 has started building frost/ice at the top

Customer Question

My Norcold N811 has started building frost/ice at the top front of the freezer section. I have defrosted repetedly, but it happens again immediately. What do I need to do?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Have you checked the door seals to see if they are good, if you had air leakage into the box it could cause the frost/ice issue... Get a dollar bill and close it between the seals and see if the bill moves between the seals or falls out. You should have some resistance when pulling on the dollar bill. IF the seals are not sealing then the door might need to be adjusted or the seals need to be replaced, what you can try is to get a blow dryer and put some heat to the seals for several mins and then shut the doors and leave them shut for a few hours, sometimes this will help re-mold the seals. IF it is not a seal problem, I might put a small fan on the back of the fridge to see if that helps with the air circulation. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert