Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

1983 Beaver motorhome elec. problem with lights, only have

Customer Question

1983 Beaver motorhome elec. problem with lights, only have two outlets that work and now all the lights in camper dont work, checked all fuses and breakers and power to camper and no problem found yet
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Getting any kinds of prints on something this old is going to be very difficult, IF I had a print I would give it to you.. To start I would go around and make sure you do not have a GFI that is tripped. Many times they are in the bathroom and or galley but can be anywhere else including the outside, if you had one tripped then you might not get AC power to the outlets. Most likely you have a power converter, it will take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage, so if the AC power is missing you are not going to get DC power.

I might get a volt meter and see if you have AC power in and out of each breaker, if so they the issue is in the wiring from the breaker panel. IF you have a generator and all the power is restored running the generator then I would be looking at the cord or any adapters as the problem, sometimes the adapter or cord can fail. I understand this is difficult to troubleshoot without a print, Beaver is back in business but I am not so sure they would have daigrams going back this far, If you would like a contact number for there technical support please let me know... Also if you want to check some things out and get back to me that is fine as well, I am around daily and respond when I can. Please keep in mind I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert