Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

What would cause an Onan Microlite 4000 in a 1993 Fleetwood

Customer Question

What would cause an Onan Microlite 4000 in a 1993 Fleetwood Coronado RV to shut down after an hour of running. Fuel was plenty and load was only refrigerator and air conditioner. Genset will not restart after shutdown. Will restart after a few hours of down time.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sorry for the delay, I see no other experts have responded.... You say you checked the supply, did you actually try a different supply source? Normally you can get a can of fuel and drop the supply to the generator in the can..... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried fueling from can - no change. Changed fuel pump - no change. Moved fuel pump to outside of unit - no change. Ran generator with only lights as load - ran 2 hours and wouldn't restart, waited 2 + hours and it would restart and run for a period of time.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

I am going to put your question back up for other experts, maybe another expert will have some more ideas for you, I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily... Robert

Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset, exactly as it is written on the data label?

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What additional data do you need?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hank, you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

As per my previous request, I need to know the model number of the genset, so I know which one you have.