Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a NEWMAR motor home, and as I read I see I'm not

Customer Question

I have a NEWMAR motor home, and as I read I see I'm not alone with my long living-room slide. (driver's side)
I do need a technician to get into the (drive and replace the drive-shaft's)
Can you advise regarding cost, time, location to repair, replace ?
I live in Oregon, and much like many others, not overly flash with funds.
Many thanks for any information you may have.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert

Where in Oregon are you located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi -
I live in Roseburg, on Interstate 5, about an hour south of Eugene, Oregon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am able to slide the unit in and out. The "unit" just will not close, or open evenly. When open, the slide sits about four inches different each end & equally the same when closed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

These rooms can be difficult to work on. Click HERE for some information on adjustments. I am well aware of your area, I live in Veneta right next to Eugene. There is another tech. that has his own shop he is south of you and I can ask him if this is something he can look at. Not sure what his response is going to be but I know a few other shops in the Eugene area.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

So no luck on my source but I do know some shops in the Eugene area you can try. One is a certified Newmar service center and I have dealt with them before, they are a good company. The second is more of a mom and pop shop but they do good work and have experienced techs. Click HERE and HERE for the contact info. I suspect this repair could take up to 4 hours, worse case scenario. Newmar uses that tran-torque bushing and sometimes it will not come off and has to be cut off, that was at least my experience on two units.

I would call Guaranty I would think they would be able to do the best job and be able to obtain parts quickly if needed since they are authorized. The RV might need to stay with them while they obtain any parts, that can take the longest. They would want to diagnose and then go from there..... Robert