peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

1998 holiday rambler smart steering wheel not working. no

Customer Question

1998 holiday rambler smart steering wheel not working. no turns either. tach bounces around
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are setting with this fault here.This needs done using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done the codes can then be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.

If both of these issues occurred at the same time here there is a chance this is a fault with wiring to the steering components or possibly even an issue with low voltage due to the main battery being weak or alternator not charging sufficiently.I would have these checked to see if the fault can be located to correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.