Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2012 forest river cedar creek 34rl, 12v issues since

Customer Question

2012 forest river cedar creek 34rl, 12v issues since replacing inverter. Refg not working on LP, water heater not working on elec at first, but now not working at all. Replaced WH element even though it tested ok. Air cond fan runs all the time if set to auto, heat, or cool, cools when set to cool. Furnace works but AC fan runs all the time. Have LP at Refg seloninoid, coil test OK??
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is Robert....

Most likely you have a power converter, a power converter will take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage....... What I would do to see if the converter is the issue is go to the fridge and find the DC supply wires going into the fridge. Get a 12 volt battery and a set of jumper wires, hook the battery (power and ground) to the fridge and see if it runs normally. IF so good chance the converter is at fault.... Robert