Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2011 Monaco Montclair class + which I purchased in

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Monaco Montclair class B+ which I purchased in Nov. 2010 from a local dealer. On a recent trip to Maine this summer, we noticed a leak coming from the ceiling behind the driver's seat. I went up onto the roof and discovered the cap was separated from the roof by about 1/4 inch. I caulked the split and so far no more leaks. Has Monaco ever had a problem like this? What holds the cap to the roof and can this be fixed. Pete
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Normally you would have some trim molding that lays on top of the of the area where the cap meets the roof, under the molding should be sealed, if that area is not sealed then you can get leaks coming in. I think on this you are going to be OK but will have to routinely check the split that you caulked and make sure no cracks or voids or in the sealant, if so then I would overlay with new sealant. I might also have a RV shop inspect to make sure nothing else is going on, most will give a free estimate for issues like this.... IF you still need more help on this please send me a few photos of the area that you sealed up.... Robert