peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2012 Winnebago Journey 42e with a rear bedroom

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Winnebago Journey 42e with a rear bedroom slide out. The slide out fails to come in unless the bed is lifted or squeezed together to its maximum via a lift switch. But the squeeze/lift switch does not lift the bed enough to signal to the slide out button that it's ok to bring the slide out in. So I end up having to manually pulling up on the headboard in order to get the slide out switch to engage to get slide out in. So now my question... Is there an adjustment somewhere to get the bed to lift higher in order for the slide out to come in?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

On some models this can be caused by a fault with a position switch for the bed either damaged or out of adjustment needing adjusted.Unfortunately my info isn't showing me any switch signals or locations on this model here but this is what usually causes this and in allot of cases this position switch needs replaced.I would inspect the bed area to see if you can find this position switch and see if it is damaged needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.