Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Fleetwood 2002 revolution 38B. I have no power to

Customer Question

Hey Michael. I have a Fleetwood 2002 revolution 38B. I have no power to my fog lights nor to my leveling jack control panel at the dashboard. I checked both fuses and they're both good. Any idea where to start troubleshooting?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Did the fuses have power at all? A fuse can look good but might not have power to it, if the fuse has power I would be looking for a plug connector, many times they will bundle a bunch of 12 volt wires and have a male and female connector, sometimes they can vibrate loose or get corroded, they can be located near the fuse or inside the dash. I think the key here is you have two separate circuits not working so if they bundle the wiring harness with the jacks and fog lights then it could be a loose corroded wire. I might also go to the battery and follow the smaller gage wires make sure you do not have a blown fuse or tripped breaker. As a general rule they would be 18" from the battery. I also might turn the ignition ON and use a 12 volt test light and try to follow the wire from the fuse block. I do not have any diagrams, I might try and get a hold of Fleetwood with your FIN and see if they can send you a print, sometimes they can be helpful. Wiring issues like this can be difficult and a test light should help to see where you are missing the power... Hope this helpssom, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check with my multi meter in the morning. Everything was working fine about 30 days ago. I recently replaced a circuit board that controls battery charging to both sets of batteries (coach & chasis). I disconnected both sets of batteries before replacing it and reconnected them after completing the work. I did notice some slight arcing when reconnecting the battery cables even thought both main electrical switches were turned off and all electrical lights & assumed loads were off. Could that have caused something to malfunction?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

IF the cables were reversed then yes it could have blow a fuse or tripped a breaker. I would really look at that area and follow the cables and make sure nothing is blown. I might get a hold of Fleetwood as well during the week they might be able to send you a wiring diagram which might help you out, IF I had any I would give them two you.

Normally you would get sparks if the inverter was on or you had solar panels....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit.. ALSO feel free to follow up if needed I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a residential electrician and I was very careful to reconnect the cables correctly. The slight sparking I noticed was similar to what happens when you attach a jumper cable to a battery and it sparks ever so slightly due to the small amount of load from interior lights etc. I'll investigate more in the morning and contact you if I have any more questions.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, I am around daily and respond when I can....

Robert