Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I am in the process of wiring up a secondary battery slide

Customer Question

I am in the process of wiring up a secondary battery for a slide in camper on my 1995 Ford F-150. I am trying to figure out which wire is the trace wire I should be splicing into for the isolater?
I have a 3 wire plug (green wire, yellow or white wire and a white w/ blk strip) connector. The latter wire off of the connector goes back into another connector on the alternator. I also have a heavy gauge black w/orange strip wire that goes into the starter solenoid relay.
None of the diagrams I have are exactly colored coded for my truck.
Secondly, I have a two positive cables coming off the battery, one which goes to the solenoid and one I think goes to the aforementioned relay.
Can you help id the wire/cables that I need to use for the isolater?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Do you want a battery disconnect solenoid for the camper battery that only comes on when the key switch is on?