Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have 2003 class c coach. We have had it plugged into house

Customer Question

I have 2003 class c coach. We have had it plugged into house while we on a trip. When got back, i went to check it. The a/c, microwave, & plug by sink with toaster is working but the lights & frig aren't working. I looked in fuse box under back bed. The circuit breakers were fine. I didn't check the 10 & 15 amp fuses but didn't think frig would be on those. I am not handiest person in the world so would appreciate any info. Thanks Bill
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Bill...............this may be due to the 12 VDC side not connected up to the batteries. Check the disconnect switch. The lights and fridge should be 12 VDC controlled, even when you try the fridge on AC mode. It may be the batteries or the converter or inverter/charger.........depending on which you have isn't up to speed. Check the water in the batteries first and the connections to be sure that they are not dirty with corrosion. Have them load tested at least once a year. IF they are 3 years old or more, chances are pretty good they may need replacing Hope that proves helpful here. If you need more, please get back to me and we can look further. A 12 VDC test light or small digital multimeter would be helpful for diagnosis.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is all that stuff? I said i didn't know much. I am not where rv is today. Can i call u 2morrow sometime to get some locations & help? XXXXXX. I don't have that tester u mentioned. I will pick one up 2morrow b4 u call. Thanks bill
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I will make the phone call offer for you...........