Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am female have 88 Mallard My stereo ,dash fans and dash

Customer Question

Hi I am female have 88 Mallard My stereo ,dash fans and dash lights quite working . they all worked when I got it . I checked fuses . I just don't know what to check next
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

What engine do you have is this a Ford or Chevy?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
454 Chevy
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

To me it sounds like a fuse or breaker issue. The best course on this would be to get a 12 volt test light and probe all your fuses for power. A test light is very easy you use, one end will have a clip that needs to go to the chassis frame, the other end will have a tip on the test light. Turn the ignition ON and probe each fuse, if the test light lights up the fuse is good. Many times you will have a fuse box inside the chassis builder uses and another fuse box outside the RV manufacturer will use. Normally the inside box is on the firewall in front of the steering column inside and the other box would be under the hood. Look for an tripped breakers as well, below is a picture, most have a tiny tab that pops out when they trip. These breakers are normally near the battery OR in the battery control box outside. Look for any plug connectors as well. Many times they will bundle a bunch of wires and use a male and female plug sometimes they can become loose corroded, so if you see any check them. Wiring issues can be difficult to pin down and a test light should help out on this... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have test light . My fans made a awfully noise before quit . The dash light worked to . They must be the same fuse
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

That is what I am thinking, if you had a 12 volt drill battery you could hook up the wires to the battery to confirm the fans run. I might also check your starting battery voltage at the battery for that you will need a volt meter, the test light works much better for testing fuses... With all the wiring involved it can be difficult to pin down. The only other thing I can think of is sometimes the radio will have a dedicated fuse on the back of the radio, it would be in a fuse holder... Let me know if you need more help, I will be in and out today, doing a yard sale but I will check in when I can. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, you can still follow up if needed... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it's still dark here be couple hours before I can check thank you
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good...... Robert