Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a direct short in my 3010ds bath overhead light

Customer Question

I have a direct short in my 3010ds bath overhead light fixture, I removed the wall switch and overhead fixture, disconnect the wires and still have a short. wondering how to replace the hot wire.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

How far is the switch from the light?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you are talking about the hot wire from the fuse block to the switch. What I would try to do is get a new wire and attach it to the old wire and see if you can pull it through or at least see if the wire moves at all. If the wire will not move I might go to the next fixture and see if you can see it moving. I am thinking you would be able to pull it out with the new wire on, not sure if anything else would be on that circuit, so I would also see what else is not working, if it is just the one light and it is blowing the fuse it has to go from the fuse panel to the switch. If other items are not working then check for the wire from the fuse panel at the switches. Robert