Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

In our 2010 rock ultra lite camper, the refrigerator is not

Customer Question

In our 2010 rock wood ultra lite camper, the refrigerator is not working, the freezer is great but no cooling in refrigerator. Any suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi what is the model number of the refrigerator, with that I can give you the correct information, does it work the same on gas and electric? thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dm2652
I now think the freezer isn't working on gas either so we have switched it back to electric. Freezer was working on electric

thanks we need to first determine if the problem is a control issue or the cooling unit. Lets do a test and ck a couple of things, what I want you to do is go to the back of the refer, and first look for any yellow colored powder on the bottom of the unit, look especially at the area where the burner assy is on the right..........If there is none, You need to unplug the thermister, this will allow the refer to run without control (thermostat) so we can see the cooling capacity of the cooling unit............take the cover off of the control module (plastic box where the wires go) look at the top left, you will see a 4 pin connector, and a 2 pin connector, unplug the 2 pin connector, let it run overnight, check temps with a thermometer in the am, and get back to me with the results. can you do this for me? Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lol well it is dark here and we will wait and try it in morning, we are home and close to a dealership but tomorrow they have told us no techs available bc there is camper show in St. Louis

thanks for responding, lets try the test tomorrow, and I must rephrase, the 4pin connector I refer to is a 6 pin,,, the 2 pin is below, talk to you tomorrow