Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I did not want to buy another remote panel...I was under the

Customer Question

I did not want to buy another remote panel...I was under the impression that you could reset the RC7 remote panel. Do you know or can you find out if there is a process to do so? Also I asked if there were any updates to these inverter/chargers. If there
are, how do I go about updating them? Could you please answer this or get me a source for getting this question answered? Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Sorry.......these are not upgradeable. The old company is no longer around and you have to use Xantrex parts and units now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randall,
For future reference, I just got off the phone with Xantrex Techincal Support and they indicated that the RC7 remotes can be reset and the display "rebooted" by disconnecting the RV from shore power and then by disconnecting the red ( positive) cables from the inverter/charger for at least 30 minutes. Also copies of the RC7 owner's manual are available online under "discontinued products manuals". I will try this disconnection approach and will let you know how it works.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I thought the prolem was that you couldn't read the small screen and wanted to know if they had a larger version........sorry I misunderstood you. Glad you got it worked out......and let me know if you need more later.