Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 02 hr imperial it has a rc7 remote control/ gen

Customer Question

I have a 02 hr imperial it has a rc7 remote control/ gen start , it has started acting up and making a ticking noise followed by a beep would bad house batteries cause this?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

YES if the batteries were discharged the inverter would shut down and the remote panel might give some strange faults for low voltage. IF you are in doubt about the batteries I would have them load tested to see if they are good. IF the batteries are good then I would shut the inverter down at the inverter, unplug from shore power (if you are plugged in) and then wait a few mins, plug back in and turn the inverter back on. Sometimes taking away all the AC and DC power will reset the inverter. Beyond that I might have a shop take a look at this. Most auto parts stores will also load test the batteries, you do want to mark all your cables or take a picture prior to removing.... Hope this helps some.. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already tested batteries and shut everything down still no response from rc7
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

The inverter will power that RC-7 remote so I would at this point see if you can find a shop that has a test panel to isolate the problem, would hate for you to replace the inverter and it not be the issue, they are pretty spendy. Pull the cable ends and make sure they are not loose and making good contact. Robert