Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The back seams are coming apart from the side walls... how

Customer Question

The back seams are coming apart from the side walls... how do I fix ???
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The back wall is pulling a part from the side walls. .
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

IF you can send a few pictures it will really help out, should be able to add some into your reply...

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is some pictures of what I am asking about. .
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Thanks for the pictures...

What I would do for this is get the area cleaned really good, adhesive cleaner works well. After it is cleaned get some tape and tape of on the side wall about 1/4" and do the same on the molding. Get some Dicor sealant, most RV stores will carry it. Add the sealant so it goes in the void and then smooth it out so it goes onto the tape, once the sealant is on and you have no voids pull the tape and you should have nice uniform lines. Once the Dicor sets up it should hold that together and keep any water out..... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this expensive. .
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

NO to fill that gap would cost maybe 30 dollars if you did it and 130 if a shop did it, they will charge about 1 hour of labor.

It looks like you might need at least two tubes maybe three for the Dicor, it will go in a caulking gun... Robert